Welcome to the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences!
Psychology has been taught at the University of Melbourne since 1888 and we continue to provide some of the most sought after, rigorous, and highly accredited subjects and courses in Australia. We have a broad range of subjects and courses depending on what stage in your education or your career you are at, and depending on the level of qualification you want to study towards.
- If you are in high school, consider one of our APAC accredited streams through a Bachelors program.
- If you are already studying at the University of Melbourne as an undergraduate student, consider taking more of our subjects from our Bachelors program, in consultation with your Student Centre.
Study Abroad and Exchange
- If you are planning on coming to the University of Melbourne as an exchange or study abroad student from another university, please take a look at our Study Abroad and Exchange section, in consultation with Melbourne Global Mobility.
- If you have already completed an undergraduate degree in an area other than Psychology, take a look at the excellent opportuntities to take a range of flexible study options through the Graduate Diploma.
Fourth Year (Honours)
- If you have completed a fully-accredited undergraduate sequence in Psychology at the University of Melbourne or at another institution (either through a Bachelors degree or a Graduate Diploma), and you would like to prepare for the next step towards a qualification in research training or professional training, take a look at our Fourth Year in Psychology program.
Professional Masters Programs
- We offer one of the most rigorous training programs in Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology in Australia, as well as the University of Melbourne's only international joint masters program with the National University of Singapore. See our Professional Masters Programs for more information
Research Higher Degrees
- If you would like to combine both a Masters with a highly productive, publications-driven research higher degree program, then look at our Combined MPsych/PhD program. If you decide that you would like to undertake research training directly from your Fourth Year program or accredited Bachelors Honours degree program from overseas, then please refer to our Research Higher Degree (PhD/MPhil) programs.
Whichever pathway you choose, we can assure you an outstanding student experience through research and practice-led learning at the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
For an overview of pathways for graduate training in psychology, please click on the image below: